Published: 29 August 2019
Postcode Envy from Pentrich Brewery. Very impressive as a taster but the interest wanes as the volume consumed increases. It probably follows some kind of principle, theorem or law. One that you can solve with a quadratic equation or somat.
I say “you” advisedly. Me, I couldn't recognise a quadratic when it came up and bit me, which Max swears that it did a week last Wednesday.
The beer might retain my interest longer if t’were properly fined. It is, like others we've looked at here, “naturally hazy” and resembles nothing so much as Maggie Hughes’ washing up water. Of course we only have Maggie's word for that. You'd think, given that fining is something they haven't done, that the beer might be cheaper than is usual but it ain't.
”Money for nothing” said Max dryly.
“Isn’t that a gramaphone recording by Dire Straights Max?”
“Good grief” said Max sounding more exasperated than he had any right to be. “Look, I’ve done bugger all today, so why don’t you go to the bar and find me a biscuit?”
Aug 17, 2019, 11:22 PM
Beer and biscuits
- Banks' Bitter
- Loop Daddy
- A day without beer.
- Silver King
- Red Raven
- Manhattan Project
- Free beer.
- Netherfield Lagoons.
- Ludlow Blondes
- Ilkley Summer
- Midnight Owl
- Dancing Duck
- Bass in the Chestnut
- Harvest Pale
- Slap in the Face
- Elsie Mo
- Green King IPA
- The Famous Grouse
- Piffle Snonker
- Snowhite Pale
- Electric Dreams
- Theakston's Old Peculiar
- Bass - King's Head
- Speculation Ale
- Summer Storm
- Black Sheep
- Citra - The Embankment
- Butcombe Original
- Oakham Citra
- Catch the Rain
- Modern Love
- Postcode Envy
- Shipstones' Goldstar
- American IPA
- Brother Rabbit
- The Outrun - Amy Liptrot.
- The Enemy Within (4th Edition) - Seumas Milne 2014
- Tessa, The Trader's Wife - Louis Becke (1901)
- The End of the Tether - Conrad (1902)
- La Dame Aux Camilias - Alexandre Dumas
- Turn of the Screw - Henry James
- The Beast in the Jungle - Henry James (1903)
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Caroll 1807
- Man and Maid - Elinor Glyn (1922)
- The Hollow Needle - Maurice Leblanc = 1909
- Montpelier Parade - Karl Geary
- Five Run Away Together. - Enid Blyton
- Dracula - Bram Stoker - 1897
- Days Without End - Sebastion Barry (2016)
- The Witch Finders's Sister
- A Week in December - Sebastian Faulks
- The Devil and Miss Prym - Paul Coelho - 2000
- The Long and Winding Road - A Memoir (Alan Johnson 2016)
- William (Richmal Crompton 1929)