Published: 12 November 2020
Snowhite Pale from Castle Rock
"And where" said Max "are the seven dwarfs?"
"Is that a veiled enquiry about biscuits Max?"
"That's a rather bizarre association" said Max, "How on earth do you get from dwarfs to biscuits? Wouldn't it be so much easier to make the link to the beer your drinking? I would have thought that going from 'SnoWhite' pale to the 7 dwarfs would be would be such a tiny step that a child of 5 could make it."
"Well I suppose, I just thought that you neither knew nor cared what beer I was drinking."
"I don't care very much, I confess, but still, on this occasion, didn't my enquiry have more the ring of hollow,fatuous humour, rather than some cryptic message regarding comestibles?" said Max.
"In that case" I said, feeling rather peeved, "I don't have an answer to your question as I don't even know why Castle Rock called this brew (which is I think inferior to the now deleted 'Electric Dreams') 'SnoWhite', nor do I know what or where the 7 dwarfs would be in this context."
There was long paws in the conversation.
"I think", said Max slowly, "that you may find that the dwarfs are those biscuit shaped treats in the jar on the bar and I would be most grateful if you would bring a few over to me. In the circumstanes seven would seem to be an appropriate number."
Beer and biscuits
- Loop Daddy
- A day without beer.
- Silver King
- Red Raven
- Manhattan Project
- Netherfield Lagoons.
- Ludlow Blondes
- Ilkley Summer
- Midnight Owl
- Dancing Duck
- Bass in the Chestnut
- Harvest Pale
- Slap in the Face
- Elsie Mo
- Green King IPA
- The Famous Grouse
- Snowhite Pale
- Electric Dreams
- Theakston's Old Peculiar
- Bass - King's Head
- Speculation Ale
- Summer Storm
- Black Sheep
- Citra - The Embankment
- Butcombe Original
- Oakham Citra
- Catch the Rain
- Modern Love
- Postcode Envy
- Shipstones' Goldstar
- American IPA
- Brother Rabbit
- The Outrun - Amy Liptrot.
- The Enemy Within (4th Edition) - Seumas Milne 2014
- Tessa, The Trader's Wife - Louis Becke (1901)
- The End of the Tether - Conrad (1902)
- La Dame Aux Camilias - Alexandre Dumas
- Turn of the Screw - Henry James
- The Beast in the Jungle - Henry James (1903)
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Caroll 1807
- Man and Maid - Elinor Glyn (1922)
- The Hollow Needle - Maurice Leblanc = 1909
- Montpelier Parade - Karl Geary
- Five Run Away Together. - Enid Blyton
- Dracula - Bram Stoker - 1897
- Days Without End - Sebastion Barry (2016)
- The Witch Finders's Sister
- A Week in December - Sebastian Faulks
- The Devil and Miss Prym - Paul Coelho - 2000
- The Long and Winding Road - A Memoir (Alan Johnson 2016)
- William (Richmal Crompton 1929)